Rate - £15.50/Hour (45 Hours/Week)
Contract - 6 Months
The Workshop Fitter will need to carry out repairs to all types of vehicles, plant and any other work to do with the service, this will include attending any roadside breakdowns. The ideal Workshop Fitter will have 5 Years Practical experience and preferably hold an LGV Driving Licence.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Duties include repairs to all types of vehicles, plant and any other work to do with the service.
· Ensure that company uniform is worn at the commencement and throughout your period of duty. Special attention is to be paid to protective equipment used.
· Required to attend roadside breakdowns and able to work as part of a team.
· Required to perform any duties deemed necessary by your supervisor, ensuring that current standards are maintained, utilizing both internal and external resources.
· All workshop tools, personal tools and welding equipment must be secured and where possible locked away each night. Welding and electrical equipment should be turned off and left in a safe condition when not in use.
· Nothing left on or around benches, unless to do with work.
· Required to fill in a daily worksheet / timesheet individual job cards, legal documentation such as safety inspection sheets for vehicle and body equipment and plant maintenance each day, completed forms must be given to your supervisor before the end of your shift.
· To be aware of your obligations under the Health and Safety at work Act, 1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in your place of work as an engineer.
· Five years practical experience and apprentice trained; time served as a mechanical fitter.
· Hold a current driving license, preferable an LGV desired but not essential.
· Efficient in the following tasks: Subject to an LGV Driver license qualification; Taking vehicles for M.O.T testing; Mechanical; Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics.
· The ideal person will be flexible and enthusiastic approach to working in sometimes adverse conditions will be expected.
· Able to work on own initiative and must hold a current full driving license.
· Expected to supply your own comprehensive tool kit.
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.