Works Manager - Power Generation Industrial Solutions
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Our client is an international leading provider of turnkey solutions across the Energy from Waste / Waste to Energy and Biomass industries. In the UK they have 10 Energy from Waste plants with a further two awarded which aim to be completed over the next few years.
We are looking for an experienced project/works manager to be responsible for developing outage projects across the UK in the energy from waste industry. This role will require you to travel to sites across the UK; Planning, coordinating and executing outages, meeting deadlines and working towards budgets.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, as the Works Manager you will be responsible for:
- The development of outage projects within the UK's energy from waste power plants
- Planning and preparation of development proposals from start to finish within the deadline and budget
- Provide progress reports and final reports to management and clients
- Build and foster relationships with current and potential clients and suppliers
- Co-ordinate and manage sub-contractors, customer service advisors, maintenance team and construction managers on site
- Prepare and calculate costs for future shutdown projects
- Support the unit actively to enable all targets are met
- Recognise, analyse, provide and execute the best possible solution for specific project requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Previous experience within energy from waste, planning and delivering large scale projects
- Qualified in UK health and safety schemes
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in Mechanical/Process Engineering
- Team leading skills including delegation, support and communication.
- Negotiation techniques
- Computer Literate
- Be able to read blueprints, P&ID, Isometrics and understand construction methodologies
- Full UK driving license due to travel requirements
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910 037 and ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.