Wind Turbine Mechanical Technician
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Onshore & Offshore, UK & Northern Europe
We are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Technician to join one of the World's leading providers of gearbox technology and services in the wind industry. We are delighted to present this highly sought-after opportunity to start a career within the onshore and offshore wind sector.
Our Client is looking for experienced Technicians who are flexible to work both onshore and offshore. This opportunity involves the planning and execution of both diagnostic and corrective tasks on windfarms in the UK, Ireland and Northern European territories.
As a Wind Turbine Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, endoscopic inspections, vibration analysis and conditional monitoring on rotating mechanical equipment.
- Carrying out scheduled and responsive maintenance and repairs of the turbines.
- Removal and installation and retrofitting of key mechanical components and sub-assemblies.
- Conduct risk assessments and observe strict health & safety compliance.
- Covering onshore and offshore sites across the UK, Ireland and Europe, requiring overnight stays and travel when requested.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Wind Turbine Mechanical Technician role, you must have:
- Proven track record of experience fault finding and reporting on mechanical issues.
- High level of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to work at heights.
- GWO basic safety training for offshore certificate.
- Willingness to travel internationally and the flexibility to stay away.
- Experience in the wind industry would be advantageous but is not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global pioneer in the Wind Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary, plus benefits including overtime opportunities, a working away allowance, annual leave and ongoing training and development opportunities.
If you would like to apply for this Wind Turbine Mechanical Technician role, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.