Waste Processing Supervisor - New Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary + Bonus
Astute are working exclusively in partnership with MVV Umwelt GmbH who specialise in Energy from Waste, Biogas, Biomass and Wind Energy. Operating across Germany and the UK they have installed over 400MW of electricity production and have multiple projects on the horizon to increase this capacity.
Their latest project is a 3rd line to their existing Energy from Waste Power Station which is due to increase their onsite capacity up to 230,000 tonnes of waste per year. Utilising both fluidised bed combustion and moving grate technology, this is an exciting project to be part of with a contract in place for the next 25 years.
With other projects in the pipeline and existing assets in the South East & South West of the UK this is an excellent opportunity to join the company as they continually grow.
We are looking for a Waste Processing Supervisor to oversee the front end operations within the Energy from Waste Plant. You'll be responsible for managing the daily activities of the Waste / Plant Operators, providing technical support and supervise all deliveries, ensuring the waste is compliant with the relevant contracts in place.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Facility Manager, as a Waste Processing Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee the safe & compliant operation of the waste tipping area of the plant.
- Plan and coordinate the daily activities of the Waste Operators.
- Manage all deliveries on site, ensuring a safe traffic flow to prevent accidents / breakdowns.
- Ensure area is kept in a clean and safe working condition.
- As and when required operate the mobile plant which includes mechanical shovels, forklifts and shredders.
- Plant maintenance on a variety of plant including hammermill hammers, shredders and mobile plant.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Relevant qualification in an Engineering field.
- Experience working in a similar environment such as a Material Recovery Facility, Recycling Plant or Energy from Waste plant.
- IOSH Health & Safety qualification.
- Mobile plant and weighbridge certified.
- Experience in supervising a team of Technicians.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package.
- A performance related bonus.
- Opportunity to work on a new build Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.