UK Portfolio Manager - Energy from Waste & Biomass
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a Gasification Technology provider in the UK who operate a number of plants in the UK along with providing their proven technology to several operation plants, varying in size from 10MW to 20MW capable of processing multiple fuel streams including Energy from Waste and Biomass.
With four sites under an O&M agreement, as Service Manager / UK O&M Manager you will be responsible for managing a fleet of plants in various stages from construction, commissioning through to commercial operations. With a focus on ensuring the commercial agreements are met inline with customer expectations this is an exciting opportunity for someone with proven Biomass / Energy from Waste Plant Management experience looking for the next challenge in their career.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Global Service Agreements as Service Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The commercial activity of a fleet of Energy from Waste & Biomass plants ensuring the plants are run safely & efficiently and inline with company policies and processes.
- Ensuring that each site is run in accordance to commercial / customer expectations ensuring KPI's and targets are met.
- Liaising with key stakeholders (customers, suppliers, internal business units) and managing the commercial relationship.
- Provide operations & maintenance support services across the fleet as part of the long term service agreement.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement to increase availability and efficiency to maximise commercial success.
- Work with multi-discipline teams on new projects, including dealing with EPC contractors, design teams and commercial managers.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant Engineering field
- NEBOSH / IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification
- At least five years management experience on new build Waste to Energy / Biomass plants, ideally using Gasification / Advanced Thermal Treatment technology
- Experience with long-term service agreements, contract management and commercial agreements.
- Taken part in EPC / Client negotiations, tender evaluations, budget management and setting business strategies.
Ideally you will have worked on an O&M service contract or have full understanding of client / customer expectations and commercial agreements.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Annual car allowance of £6,000 per year
- Discretionary bonus
- Benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.