Up to £27,000
Our client, a global leader in environmental solutions who provides a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services throughout the UK is looking for a Transport Supervisor to join their established team in Nottingham. Working in this role, the Transport Supervisor will be responsible for managing all day to day transport operations, ensuring strategic routing, compliance management and adequate service to the recycling centres in the local area.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing all day to day transport operations across the depot, HWRC facilities and Transfer stations.
- Carry out strategic route planning for all vehicles to optimise routes and avoid empty miles.
- Monitor all compliance across the drivers and vehicles including driver licences, permits and debriefs as well as vehicle servicing, inspections and MOTS's.
- Carry out office duties such as driver assessments, observing all yard work and monitoring fuels.
- Take all customer, site and vehicle enquiries and work flexibly to ensure a quality transport service to all recycling centres in the area.
- Ensure all RAs, COSHH data sheets, RAMS and PL's are up to date.
- This is a yard and office-based role, it will require good people management skills as well as strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
This role is working on a rotating shift basis including early mornings from 5:30am. Please only apply is this is suitable.
To be considered for this position, you should have a background working in a transport supervisor role with experience managing routing, vehicles and drivers. A CPC certificate is desirable as well as a Class 1/2 licence, but a good understanding of health and safety on-site is essential.
This role would suit someone with a flexible attitude to work and experience working in the transport industry ideally with an understanding of the current waste industry. This is not essential, and any heavy transport background would be considered.
Salary & Benefits
- Basic salary up to £27,400
- Benefits package
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays
- Progression opportunity
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 964 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.