Senior Transport Planner
Rate - £350-400 per day
Contract - 9 Months
As a Senior Transport Planner, you will be Assisting in the development and delivery of the capital programme of transport infrastructure schemes. You will be responsible for providing experienced technical input to help shape transport infrastructure. You will be responsible for the scope, evidence and planning elements of transport infrastructure schemes.
You will sit within the Transport Planning Team, and be responsible for:
- To be responsible for the development, commissioning and implementation of transport planning studies (including those conducted by external consultants) taking responsibility for their day-to-day management as required in accordance with Oxfordshire County Council's Project Management guidelines.
- To lead option appraisal and scheme feasibility, initial costing and other assessments to determine priorities and provide an initial assessment of scheme costs/benefits (through management of consultants);
- To liaise with the Local Planning Authorities about the schemes
- Supervise and support junior members of staff within the team
- Represent the Council at meetings, public exhibitions and other events and provide support to senior officers as appropriate.
- To be an expert witness an Examination in Public regarding planning and Compulsory Planning Orders
- Work closely with Stakeholders, local Members and other organisations on scheme development and consultation, including provision of timely information in the appropriate form.
- Relevant degree level education OR demonstrable equivalent professional experience is essential;
- Membership of a professional body is desirable
- Experience of the development plan systems
- Able to demonstrate the ability to successfully deliver complex and challenging programmes of work through effective partnership working in a political environment
- Experience of commissioning and managing consultants using a variety of procurement routes
- Experience of working in a planning/transport planning environment
- Experience of leading complex projects or programme of works
- Experience of supervising/managing junior members of staff
- Experience of budget management
To apply please contact Adam on 02392 228289 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Anash@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.