Up to £60,000
Our client, a global leader in environmental and waste solutions is looking for a Trading Manager to join their established team covering the extensive UK Glass Recycling portfolio. Working as the Trading Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the development and oversight of their glass feedstock strategy, ensuring all processing facilities have enough quality feedstock as well as managing all incoming contracts across the UK.
Working as the Glass Trading Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Managing the glass trading team to support the identification of new glass feedstock supplies in line with set feedstock strategies.
- Development and optimisation of the procurement strategy, managing pricing and quality targets.
- Managing existing clients and suppliers as well as core local authority contracts across the UK.
- Develop and implement an effective strategy and supply plan for feedstock management.
- Build, win and maintain close professional relationships with new and existing customers.
- Drive effective negotiation of key contracts, developing strategies to fully exploit the glass market and the acquisition of glass and aggregate products.
- Monitor all logistic functions, ensuring the timely collection and transport of goods from source to end customer, ensuring supply chain is optimised for costs, transportation and the glass P&L.
- Monitor market conditions for business development within materials, customers, pricing values and competitors to develop an effective feedstock strategy.
- Report on commodity performance and team performance against set targets and forecasting, ensuring market conditions are monitored and risks are highlights.
To be considered for this position, you will be expected to have proven commercial procurement experience within the recycling industry or other competitive procurement environment with a good understanding of supply and demand cycles, market influence factors, competitors and trade prices.
An understanding of recyclable material grades, their end uses, and market purchase/ sale values would be beneficial as well as a background working within the recycling or more specifically glass recycling industry.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be confident leading a team and have a background working to strict targets and deadlines.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary up to £60,000
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 964 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.