Start date - January 2020
Rate - Competitve
6 months contract
Our client is looking for 4 TIG Welders to work on a large Energy from Waste plant in the Somerset area. Our client is installing a 30-tonne Boiler on this plant. The TIG Welder will be responsible for selecting and installing torch tips, filler rods, and flux according to the thickness of metal materials. They will conduct pre-heating and post-heating of weld elements to respectively prepare and reinforce welds. They will also assess welds to ensure they are free of error and in accordance with relevant welding codes.
- Oversee the selection and procurement of materials and equipment required for TIG Welding.
- Measure and align workpieces using straightedges, clamps and calipers.
- Fill ducts with water/air and submerge in water to identify pipe leakage.
- Assist plumbers, HVAC, and manufacturing engineers during construction.
- Oversee the set-up of TIG Welding equipment.
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, schematics and codes.
If you are interested in exciting position in Somerset, then please contact Greg Storey on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392 222 966 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.