Thermal Process Engineer - Power Station
North East Lincolnshire
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits package
We are currently recruiting for a Thermal Process Engineer / Performance Engineer to work at a large gas fired CHP plant in North East Lincolnshire. This plant has the capacity to produce around 1200MW of electricity whilst at the same time providing process steam utilised by local refineries. Using CCGT technology the plant is one of the most efficient in the country and consists of gas turbines, HRSG boilers, steam turbines, generators, water treatment plant, cooling systems, pumps, motors, compressors and much more.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for delivering excellent plant performance and efficiency through engineering and operational strategies together with ensuring full compliance with safety and environmental standard.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice on plant optimisation in all modes of operation
- Carrying out validation of plant operating mode models
- Improving plant performance through identification of problem areas
- Liaise with the site Operations and Maintenance departments to engineer improvements and solutions
- Supporting the Operations team in plant start up and shutdown development plans including monitoring of plant preservation techniques
- Carry out monitoring of the individual performance of each gas turbine to ensure full optimisation of the GT long term service agreement
- Compiling a daily efficiency report highlighting performance shortfalls with suggested improvements
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant degree in an engineering or process discipline e.g. chemical, mechanical, C&I etc. HND level would be considered coupled with extensive experience
- Prior experience in engineering or operations of large-scale power generation plant - ideally a CCGT plant but coal fired would also be considered. Process or Performance Engineers from the chemical or refining industries will also be considered
- In depth knowledge of power plant thermodynamics with a strong understanding of the theory and practical application behind it
- High level computer skills and ability to use spreadsheets / Excel to a good standard
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Excellent salary
- A performance related bonus
- Excellent benefits package
For more information on the salary and package please get in touch.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.