Test Solutions Engineer-RF
Up to £40k
Depending on experience
With a specialism for fault-finding and best practice design of RF electronics, this role provides a practical, hands on experience for the engineering team when examining for new modules, taking the lead in defining test procedures both when integrated into our machinery and upstream testing for module outsourcing.
- Practical testing of new components, working with NPI teams and engineering to ensure critical product features requiring test are defined and accompanied with test specifications.
- Support our test document author for content and expertise by defining, implementing and maintaining test schedules and methods.
- Manage commissioning of cost effective test equipment, ensuring compatibility with legacy products where practical.
- Train and certify Test Engineers in the correct use of test plans, procedures and equipment.
- Apply statistical process control methods to the outputs from the test cycle. Perform trend analysis to inform in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide support for the test team when escalation of issues is needed.
- Provide support for our field service team when escalation of issues is needed.
- Analyse failure reports from the field and final test and modify test points in order to minimise \ eradicate future occurrences.
- Provide consultative RF design advice for engineering design and project teams.
- Contribute to manufacturing plan and outsourcing strategy as part of the manufacturing engineering team. Implement robust cost effective test solutions throughout the supply chain (tier 2 to Customer sign off) for existing and new products.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably requested by the company.
- All employees have a personal responsibility for their own health and safety and for that of others who may be affected by their actions and behaviour. All employees will comply with the Company's arrangements for health, safety and environmental protection.
- Individuals with specific knowledge of the technology and associated hazards will apply their knowledge and skills to support the implementation of appropriate systems.
- Complete suite of test documents available for our full range of platforms and modules, configured correctly for every customer order.
- All customer engineered special designs have appropriate test documents.
- Test engineers adhering to defined test procedures.
- All escalated issues from test or field contained, open issued managed to an acceptable level.
- Delivery of continuous improvement initiatives to drive the value added by our test team.
- At least HNC or equivalent engineering or professional qualification.
Preferred (But not necessary):
- Management qualification.
- Degree level qualification.
- High level of electronic system understanding and RF systems
- Effective communication skills.
- HNC in Electronics or higher.
- Programming/software experience (i.e., visual basic / lab view) (preferred).
- Driving licence (preferred)
Preferred (But not necessary):
- Experience of capital equipment manufacture.
- Driving licence.
- Knowledge of visual basic or lab view
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more then please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.