Tenancy Sustainment Officer (Income Focused)
Rate - £18.36/Hour
Contract - 3 Months
The Tenancy Sustainment Officer will be responsible for providing all housing management functions of the council as far as they affect tenants to achieve the councils housing objective and the priorities of the council. The Tenancy Sustainment Officer will need to contribute to the delivery of a comprehensive housing service in accordance with the councils policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice, assistance and information to tenants and the general public by way of office interviews, home visits, telephone calls, written correspondence and e-mail, efficiently and courteously with emphasis on customer care.
· Liaise with the Housing Services Team Leader & Revenues Manager and other Officers of Rugby Borough Council, to ensure appropriate guidance and information is provided in the delivery of housing services and to identify and resolve any complaints or problems.
· Advise tenants on appropriate payment methods such as standing orders, direct debits, online payments, etc. In particularly encourage the take up of Direct Debit Mandates.
· Complete income and expenditure exercises with customers to ensure they are in receipt of all eligible benefits and are helped around their budget. Where appropriate working with partner organisations to ensure the customer has access to specialist support.
- Investigate and process all housing management requests such as transfers of tenancy, mutual exchanges and succession in accordance within current legislation.
- Manage and investigate complaints of anti-social behaviour and neighbour disputes and take prompt and appropriate action against offenders in conjunction with other agencies such as the police and social services. Ensure accurate records are maintained, collate witness statements and ensure we are working within current legislation.
- Working towards full membership of the chartered institute of housing or equivalent qualification
- An understanding of the welfare benefit system
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Minimum of 2 Years relevant experience in a housing role
- Have an understanding of the current housing issues and the local and national political and social framework within which local authority housing services operate.
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.