Competitive Salary DOE
Hawes, North Yorkshire
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for a Technical Supervisor to join an established client in the Food Production and Manufacturing Industry. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual within the Technical and Quality industry to assist with the growth of a provider of food manufacturing excellence.
You will be instrumental in understanding and sharing responsibilities for all relevant requirements throughout the business from health and safety, hygiene, labelling, laws and audits. You will be a key part of the company in challenging, coaching and supporting the team to ensure high standards are implemented and maintained throughout the business.
As a Technical Supervisor, your duties will include:
- Responsible for compliance to BRC and retailers' standards and systems
- Understanding and experience of systems and protocols for large supermarkets
- Work alongside the production team to monitor performance of KPI's and ensure they are delivered where possible
- Monitor site hygiene and GMP standards and promote, enforce and implement a positive culture around the site
- Oversee the supplier approval process for the business
- Work alongside the NPD and sales team to ensure projects meet policies and requirements
- Have a good understanding of H&S and HACCP etc
- Attend meetings with suppliers and customers as and when required
- Cary out internal audits as part of the audit team
To be considered for the Technical Supervisor role, it would be desirable to have:
- Experience within a Food Manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a technical department managing a team
- Understanding of health and safety and HACCP
- Understanding of requirements and specifications
- Ability and experience of carrying out audits
- Understanding of lean manufacturing procedures
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability and experience of leading and managing a team
- Positive attitude and ability to transfer this throughout the site implementing GMP
As a Technical Supervisor with our client, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work for a BRC accredited manufacturer
- Pension scheme
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on email@example.com or 02393 910 043 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.