Technical Service Manager - Data Centre
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute Technical are looking for a Technical Service Manager to provide technical support on site. You'll be involved with providing technical solutions, acting as a technical expert for all electrical, mechanical, life safety and control systems and ensuring any issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Engineering, as Technical Service Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support and assisting specialist contractors to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Act as a High Voltage (or Low Voltage) Authorised Person
- Act as Incident Manager, with Operational Teams taking guidance and direction from you.
- Carry out Root Cause analysis to identify cause of issues and identify improvement actions to rectify.
- Be the technical expert for all Electrical, Mechanical, Life Safety and Control Systems.
- Support and train the on-site Maintenance Team to increase their technical knowledge.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Qualified to a HNC / HND in a relevant Engineering field such as Electrical / Electronics /
- Mechanical / Building Services.
- At least five years management experience in a Data Centre or similar Critical Facilities environment.
- Ideally hold relevant SAP / HV AP / LV AP status.
- Chartership in CEng or IEng or working towards this level.
Due to the secure nature of the Data Centre, all successful applicants must comply with full BS7858:2012 security checks.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefits package
- Opportunity to join a leading global communications brand
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.