Technical Operations Manager
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Location: Essen, Germany
We are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Operations Manager to join our Client, one of the world's largest investor-owned electric utility service providers, based in Germany.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team, working on new customer connections as well as the operation of existing connections and the opportunity to lead on developing technical products for the energy markets and contribute to asset connection.
As a Technical Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Work with the team on new customer connections as well as the operation of the existing connections
- Work with assets from 10 kW E-Vehicle Charger to >100 MW power plants including EEG DV, industrial assets, P2x assets, batteries
- Be the IoT expert and drive the automation of the respective processes at the interface between assets and the platform in alignment with the Product Owner of the virtual power plant Platform
- Take a leading role in the technical product development for energy market products and the respective requirements to the asset connection
- Collaborate with partners and suppliers to develop new hardware and technical solutions around the connection of assets (IoT) and their prequalification in the energy markets
- Work in the wider business context on a consistent IoT approach for asset connection
- Ensure a very high data quality and establish a respective Management System
- Ensure high information security standards by taking a leading role in maintaining and developing on our ISO 27001 Information Security Management System certification
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Technical Operations Manager role, you must have:
- Bachelor/Master's degree in engineering, communication technology or equivalent
- Relevant background in the energy sector, Virtual Power Plants or within IoT set ups
- Experience with industrial communication protocols like OPC DA / HDA / UA, IEC 60870-5-104/101, Modbus TCP, s or concepts like MQTT
- Experience in the programming of SPS and EI&C technology as well as SCADA systems (especially open source systems like Eclipse Scada)
- Fluent in English and German languages
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business in the Renewable Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary package, plus benefits.
If you would like to apply for this Technical Operations Manager role, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.