Technical Manager - Solar
Up to £35,000 DoE plus benefits
Due to ongoing growth and community interest in generating clean sustainable energy, our Client supports communities to set up their own local energy enterprises and supports them to develop, finance and manage their own renewable energy generation.
The work they have completed to date includes delivering 35MW of community solar, raising £56 Million in community share and bond investment and loan finance and generating more than £14 Million of surplus income for community initiatives in their localities.
As a Technical Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supervision of the Junior Technical Engineers
- Embracing your role as the lead technical specialist, support the technical aspects of new project development and consultancy work.
- Manage the development of new projects, including planning consent, landowner engagement, grid connection, PPA development, and EPC procurement.
- Asset Management responsibilities include producing monthly and quarterly performance analysis reports, review site performance daily checking monitoring systems, manage and develop data platforms to ensure efficient performance for energy production.
- Contractor Management to ensure project completion is on time and to budget.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Technical Manager role, you must have:
- A Renewable Energy Engineering or Environmental Science Degree.
- 4 Years previous experience in a similar role.
- Be able to demonstrate previous projects delivered on a commercial and industrial scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a mission-led community interest company that is committed to supporting localities with creating measurable economic, social and environmental improvements. A competitive salary up to £35,000 depending on experience, plus benefits.
If you would like to apply for this Technical Manager role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.