Technical Manager - Onshore Wind
Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience
As the demand for Onshore Wind solutions to meet with the governments ambitious plans to generate 30% of the UKs energy via Wind by 2030, our Client is recruiting for an experienced Wind Farm Technical Manager, to continue the expansion of their 1GW onshore assets.
Initially, the current projects being delivered will require focus will include working on wind farm design and layout optimisation, wind resource assessment, meteorological mast data campaigns and associated wind data analysis, appointment and management of external consultants as required and providing advice to the Technical Team and other departments within the Company.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on full project lifecycle of wind farms in the UK and previous experience of working with onshore wind farms is therefore essential.
As a Wind Technical Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing your expert statistical analysis, technical reports, data processing and commercial advice to the Technical Director, to support higher level decision making.
- Supporting the concept to completion process of a wind energy project, from data collection, wind energy technical due diligence, tendering for projects and management of contracts.
- Conducting assessments of the wind energy resource, reporting on wind conditions and issues in complex terrain.
- Managing communication between the Technical Team and other departments to ensure accurate information is shared and to encourage efficient delivery of projects.
- The management of the Technical Team to ensure KPIs are met and support provided.
- Travelling to visit sites across the UK.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Wind Technical Manager role, you must have:
- An Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of technical due diligence for large wind projects including specific risks associated to development, construction and operation.
- Experience using GIS, WindPro and WASP.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and the flexibility to stay away.
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to influence the landscape of the UK's Wind portfolio! Offering a competitive salary package, plus benefits including company car, annual leave, pension and life insurance.
If you would like to apply for this Wind Technical Manager role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.