Technical Consultant - Highly Active Waste
PAYE - 12-month contract
Harwell - Oxfordshire
Our client, a leading nuclear waste management company, currently require a Technical Consultant to join their Highly Radioactive Waste team in Harwell. You will have the opportunity to support multiple work packages within the Higher Activity Waste Programme, including a new geological disposal facility.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in nuclear waste management, a degree in science or engineering and strong communication skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide technical contribution to and delivery of HAW Problematic Waste Integrated Project.
- Provide technical expertise to the senior management team.
- Liaise with stakeholders and internal team members.
- Responsible for own performance, including time management, health and safety and workload.
- Provide written technical reports.
- You may be expected to undertake additional activities when required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Science or Engineering degree.
- Experience in Highly Radioactive Waste Management.
- Strong communications skills and ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- Problem solving approach.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of: higher activity waste, including knowledge of form, characteristics and hazards, why some waste is considered to be problematic and ongoing initiatives within the industry to address the issues, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority's (NDA's) Direct Research Portfolio and requirements for the management and geological disposal of radioactive wastes and materials.
What's on Offer
- Negotiable PAYE rate
- 12-month contract
- 5-day, 8 hours a day.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.