Technical Compliance Manager (12 months FTC)
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for a Technical Compliance Manager to work for a continuously growing client within the Food Manufacturing industry on a 12-month FTC covering maternity. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Technical Supervisor/ Manager to work for an established food manufacturing company in an exciting period.
The role requires an experienced Technical Compliance Manager who is proficient in writing and approving food specifications and knowledgeable of UK retailers, ideally with experience working with a leading retailer or food manufacturer.
As a Technical Compliance Manager your duties will include:
- To ensure compliance to site activities that affect product safety, legality and quality systems.
- Manage NSF account and workload who provide pack copy, specification and artwork approval support.
- Responsible for all technical and legal compliance, development and maintenance of systems e.g. Recipe Professor,
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a system to minimise the risk of purchasing fraudulent or adulterated food raw materials i.e. TACCP & VACCP studies
- Legislation (current and emerging) compliance, Supplier Assurance, ensuring the successful delivery and implementation to support the Technical Strategy at site and group level.
- To work alongside relevant functions including technical and quality, production, commercial, marketing and procurement ensuring food safety is up to date, legislative and compliant with UK and EU standards.
- Support the Team auditing activity on site (internal and external). e.g. legislation compliance, ensuring the successful delivery in support of the implementation of the PFS technical strategy.
- To demonstrate through policies, procedures and auditing, a business understanding of the technical legal requirements for food safe and legal product that meets or exceeds retailer requirements.
- To lead the site development, based on Codex Alimentarius that is understood at all levels throughout the business and meets the business' legal requirements as well as those of BRC and customers.
- To drive continuous quality improvement for our customers and collate site information for feedback.
- Support the Team in demonstrating to customers a working knowledge, understanding and audit programme of their policies and standards
- To contribute to an in-house training function for legal compliance against the UK and EU standards
- As a result of robust auditing and corrective action programmes, provide gap analysis for prioritisation and Capex proposals.
- To support sites in preparation and during TSO, EHO and key customer visits.
- Provide technical information as required and support to the sales and marketing teams, food service team and support site projects.
- Support the development of a training plan to demonstrate technical training requirements at all levels within the business i.e. Main Board to Operator level.
- To verify that Brand, customer own label artwork and site product labelling meets the requirements of current food labelling legislation.
- Lead supplier assurance and where necessary, conduct high-risk supplier approval assessments where necessary to achieve the schedule.
- Approval of concession related to raw material replacements.
- To further development the culture across the operational and technical functions through training, development and coaching programmes and thus engendering a high-performance environment.
- To support the sites BRC audit programme and maintain the current 'A+' grade.
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02393 910043
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.