Technical Bid Writer
I currently have an exciting opportunity for a technical bid writer to join an established, respected, and growing consultancy business delivering various technical services to the UK radiological waste management, safety and decommissioning sector.
Nature and Scope
To provide specialist bid writing services as part of a structured bids and capture team to assist with winning business across the radioactive waste management, safety and decommissioning sectors, both for the domestic and global nuclear, research, and NORM industries.
If successful you would be responsible for:
- Leading storyboard sessions with bid / proposal team members and key stakeholders
- Proactively developing and managing a network of subject matter experts
- Assisting the Bid / Proposal manager in developing a proposal structure
- Identifying and re-working existing pre-written content where relevant
- Delivering completed written proposal responses to the Proposal Manager against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required
Skills and Qualifications
The ability to gather relevant technical information from diverse stakeholders and then convey this in a simple yet effective narrative in order to create a compelling proposal is key.
Your capability in this area will likely have been gained through your experience in a number of the following areas:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant field, eg. English, or a journalistic / professional writing background
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly MS Word
- APMP Foundation or better PM certification or equivalent experience
- Fluent with relevant graphics software, likely Illustrator / inDesign / Photoshop etc.
- 3+ years working on technical / engineering bid creation
Salary and Benefits
A generous salary commensurate with your level of relevant experience in the sector accompanies an extensive benefits package to include a contributory pension, medical and dental cover, and fantastic holiday allowance.
This position also offers the opportunity to join a dynamic and busy business winning team with genuine development potential in line with an ambitious corporate growth plan for 2020.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail, or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.