Up to £26,000 + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Assessor to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists working within the Hazardous Waste sector across the UK. They are looking for a Technical Assessor to join their established team providing technical expertise and advice to ensure waste streams across their hazardous waste business groups are dealt with in a compliant and commercially sound manner.
Working as a Technical Assessor, you will be responsible for…
- Identify and assign cost effective treatment and processing routes for a variety of hazardous waste streams (both in house and external) to meet waste enquiries.
- Carry out technical assessment of waste enquiries through characterising and applying accurate classification of the waste and ensuring all waste brought onto site meets current permits, compliance and legislation.
- You will liaise with operational staff, transport and customers and deal with any non-conforming loads.
- Provide technical advice, support and guidance to sites within the organisation and to external customers.
- You will provide and report duty of care information, where requested, including carrying out audits and support other divisions such as Commercial and Industrial
- Providing suitable waste routing plans and determining third party disposal outlets, ensuring competitive and accurate pricing is provided for customer enquiries.
- Proactively supporting the correct safety culture across all sites.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have a background working within the waste management sector with a minimum of a degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry.
Candidates will be expected to have strong ability to understand and interpret analytical data and legislation and be looking to take the next step in their waste management career.
As well as demonstrable experience communicating and coordinating with people at all levels of an organisation.
What's on Offer
This opening presents a first-class opportunity to join a leading Hazardous Waste specialist in the development of their business. With the opportunity to earn up to £26,000 with a competitive package this is an interesting and challenging role for someone looking to move into a technical assessor position.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.