Technical Administrator / Estimator
Up to £30,000 DOE
Paddock Wood, Kent
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for an experienced Technical Administrator/Estimator to join our client at their offices in Paddock Wood, Kent.
Our client is an innovative, international provider of Architectural lighting solutions illuminating retail spaces, museums, offices, airports, sports stadiums, hotels, chain stores, private dwellings as well as all external environments. They specialise in providing high quality Architectural solutions to the project and retail lighting sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As Technical Administrator / Estimator your duties will consist of (but not be limited to): -
- First point of contact for incoming calls, whether they be clients, wholesalers, contractors, suppliers or sales team
- Carrying out take-off's to be produced in conjunction with luminaire schedules to understand and confirm the drawing matches the schedule
- Preparing detailed costing schedules in Excel, making allowance for all components required for each fitting
- Raising accurately priced quotations for project opportunities within our accounting software and ensuring all tenders receive a quote within the tender period prescribed by clients
- Placing all the supplier orders and sub orders required to fulfil projects received accurately and within the time restraints that the company has agreed to meet
- Chasing deliveries and liaising with our logistics network to co-ordinate incoming and outgoing shipments
Skills & Qualifications:
We are looking for a Technical Administrator / Estimator with the following: -
- Previous experience working within the lighting/luminaire sector is desirable although general M&E or construction experience would be considered
- Ability to understand Technical CAD drawings would be advantageous
- Previous estimating experience is essential
Salary & Package:
What's on offer for this Technical Administrator / Estimator role: -
- Competitive salary in line with experience
- Chance for career progression within an expanding company
If this role is of interest, please contact Ben Guppy on 02393 910038 alternatively email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.