Training Instructor - Type 23 Control Systems
We are currently recruiting for a Training Delivery Instructor / Training Instructor to teach Type 23 / T-23 system control packages to the Royal Navy. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to impart their knowledge onto the next generation of Engineer / Technicians.
Teaching a class of 16 students, you will be responsible for.
- Delivering prewritten electrical and electronic principles.
- Updating and maintaining training documentation.
- Teaching additional courses as you develop your skill set.
- Mentoring / supporting students.
- Marking students work during the working week.
- Planning your class time activities.
To be considered, you do not need previous training / teaching experience. This is open to those who hold a C&G / NVQ Level 3 (Or equivalent) in an engineering discipline with experience of (Stabs / Steering Gear ) used on a Type 23 frigate.
Additionally the following experience is needed.
* Understanding of the system architecture of a D86 rack and interconnected D86 systems and system components and architecture
* Knowledge of D86 core rack, card functions and operation/fault condition reporting
* Working knowledge of the operational procedures used, fault finding, system operation and remote station response.
* LPD/LPH experience (MEPS, controls systems and system interlocks)
* Firm understanding of Control System principles
* Fault finding using FIDA
* Data recording using the DCAU
* Fire alarm operation, programming and fault finding
You will be given further training and development to enable you to deliver courses.
What's on offer.
- Competitive basic salary
- Good work life balance / hours of 08:00 - 16:30
- Further training & development.
- Additional qualifications.
How to apply.
To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.