Systems Engineer - Aerospace
Competitive salary - DOE
We are looking to recruit an experienced aerospace or airport biased Systems Engineer to join an industry leading company in airports and infrastructure development projects. The successful Systems Engineer will have specific knowledge in airfield ground lighting/airfield ground lighting control & monitoring.
The aerospace Systems Engineer will work within the Building Services team & work closely with the airports group on varied projects, both civil and defence across the UK. Due to the type of projects that will be worked on the successful person will need to be flexible to travel to various airports across the UK, providing fully integrated design services.
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MAY NEED TO EITHER ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN A MINIMUM OF UK SECURITY CHECK (SC) LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE. ANY APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THESE CRITERIA WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISREGARDED.
The role & responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise in relation to projects involving AGL systems and other airport systems.
- Work alongside colleagues from other disciplines to deliver project design solutions in a timely manner to high quality levels.
- Continue to develop technical capability in new technologies and design environments as part of a process of continual professional development.
- Develop marketing material with our business development teams to support the pursuit of new project opportunities.
- Support for tenders and proposals requiring airport systems content.
- An excellent working knowledge of airside and landside airport systems with proven experience, ideally having worked on major design projects.
- A thorough understanding of AGL and AGLCMS.
- A robust knowledge of electrical services design and experience of fully co-ordinated design delivery.
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of various UK and international design standards such as MADS, EASA, MAA RA's, FAA or ICAO.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team and able to plan strategically to support the needs of the business.
- Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Interest in managing the development of design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines highly desirable.
- Any experience of Radars, Navigational Aids, ATC Tower Systems, Radio and Voice Communications Control systems or Meteorological systems.
Please call Abbie Easton directly on 02393 910042 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities & requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.