Support Engineer - Defence Maritime
£30-35k base plus significant callout / OT
I have an excellent opportunity for a multi skilled marine engineer to join a well-established defence sector engineering firm with a long history of designing, manufacturing and maintaining specialist equipment for RN surface and subsurface platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for controlling the planned maintenance, refit, repair, modification, installation and commissioning of specialist equipment aboard a variety of UK naval assets, based primarily at Faslane but with the potential for UK wide and global travel.
Responsibilities of the role would include but not be limited to:
- To understand and carry out site activities, in accordance with contract requirements for installation, repair and test of equipment.
- Provide a point of contact between the customer and the Company whilst on site.
- To be prepared as a working supervisor to assist in the practical work.
- To maintain records of all work undertaken and to submit reports on the progress of work as required by the contract or as advised by the Production Manager.
- To be able to converse and convey effectively with a diverse client group and produce succinct correspondence.
- To maintain records of all hours worked against any particular requirement authorised by contract.
- To allocate and control the work amongst supporting staff where applicable.
- To undertake associated administration and control requirements, assist in the preparation of test specifications, related to handbooks and pre-fit planning as necessary.
- To ensure all activities conform to the appropriate QA and Health & Safety requirements as necessary.
- To be available at short notice to go and work on any site within the UK or abroad.
- To be available to attend emergency call outs.
- To partake in Sea Trials to commission Company equipment.
- To provide technical support to Navy personnel regarding Company equipment.
- To assist in the provision of spares to the fleet.
With leadership experience in a hands-on engineering function, you will have demonstrable knowledge of the maintenance and refit of air purification systems gained in a defence, maritime or manufacturing setting. Prior engineering experience from service in the Royal Navy would be a distinct technical advantage in the role, and there will be a requirement for a certain amount of flexibility in the role dependent on client workflow.
You should also possess:
- HNC/D or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
- MoD project control experience
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation
- Strong communication skills
- Solid MS Office ability
Salary and Benefits
A good base salary commensurate with your level of relevant experience accompanies a benefits package that includes a contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and 25 days' paid leave per year.
This position also offers the opportunity for significant additional earnings gained through callout, overtime and short-term deployment payments when reacting to client requirements.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail, or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.