Supplier Quality Engineer
£40-£45,000 Per Year
My Client is a leader in the design, manufacture, supply and support of high performance fluid control equipment, designed to perform under critical conditions of pressure and cleanliness, to satisfy demanding technical requirements worldwide.
To ensure Suppliers* compliance to HHV drawings and specifications. Clear flow down of Customer requirements and Supplier monitoring.
Develop and manage Suppliers performance data, including non-conformances, undertaking root cause analysis and preventative measures with the suppliers.
Working with the supplier to ensure actions and process are implemented to stop the recurrence of existing concerns, along with developing robust processes to reduce the potential for future risk of similar concerns.
(*Contract Manufactures / Strategic Partners / Sub contractors / Service providers)
- Identify gaps and update procedures relating to Supplier Quality - ensuring processes and procedural change to reflect good business practices.
- Working in developing and drive a Quality and Right First-Time culture with the Supplier.
- Support, guide the implementation of root cause, corrective action and preventative aware within the Suppliers.
- Flow down the businesses First Article process, increasing awareness and training
- Develop a comprehensive Supplier Quality Manual.
- Supply chain mapping ensuring the appropriate risk mitigation is being undertake.
- Develop a Supplier score card.
- Adhere to the internal procedures and quality plans as defined.
- Take a proactive approach to quality control function with the focus to increase inline inspection and reduce the number of Customer returns
- Capture data to support the businesses Key Performance Indicators as defined e.g. COPQ, NRFT
- Develop plans to improve the business score within the businesses COS, business Operating System
- Support and conduct 2nd & 1st party audits - product and process
- Responsible for documenting all operational & project concerns, issuing and managing the non-conformances for satisfactory response and closure - eg ISDR process
- Supporting / participating continuous improvement events within the business management system
- Supporting / participating in Lean / site improvements, e.g. Failure & Material Review Boards and Corrective action and problem-solving teams in line with the ASN processes
- Monitor and escalate, where necessary, internal product quality issues
- Support Operations and Supply chain on all Supplier quality aspects
- Working with the Engineering depart to ensure Suppliers remain complaint and
- Support the organisations Culture change programme
- Have a flexible approach to work and the ability to communicate at all levels, both externally and internally
- Strong aptitude for motivating others and lead teams of people
- Promote good ethical behaviour in the organisation
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Have extensive experience in manufacturing environments 10 yrs plus
- HNC or above qualification - preferably related to industry
- Exposure to Lean practise
- Minimum 3-4 yrs facilitating multi-disciplinary teams in process improvement activities
- Good business acumen with a focus on business goals
- Good problem-solving skills and an investigative mentality
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills
- Handles pressure well and takes ownership
- Proactive, highly motivated and a self-starter.
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more then please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.