Structural Integrity Engineer - Power Generation
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
We are recruiting for a Structural Integrity Engineer to join a leading player in the global Power Generation sector on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract. As one of the world's largest global power generators, with ~34GW of installed capacity, including 6.4GW of capacity in the UK, they are able to offer full-service agreements and consultancy services to the UK power sector.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Structural Analysis Technical Head as a Structural Integrity Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out FEA (Finite Element Analysis) on a range assets in a Power Station this typically includes pressure vessels, pipework, steam turbines, gas turbines, rotors & blades, heat recovery steam generators etc.
- Carry out assessments covering creep, thermal stress, fatigue, fracture, plasticity etc.
- Building FE models for power generation components and performing integrity calculation and proposals.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Mechanical Engineering field
- Minimum 5 years experience of Finite Element Analysis
- Ideally familiar with R5 & R6 codings as well as ASME FFS-1 and BS7910
- Familiar with pressure vessels, steam turbines, gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators, pipework etc.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Initial 6 month fixed term contract
- Opportunity to join a leading Power generation company
- Home based role with laptop provided
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.