Hertfordshire - Hitchin
We are currently looking for a Site Operative to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists in the UK. Working at their Waste Recycling Facility in Hertfordshire, the Site Operative will be responsible for operating, inspecting and maintaining the site, supporting weighbridge operations, plant management and site cleanliness.
Working as a Site Operative, you will be responsible for:
- Providing relief cover on the Site Weighbridge, ensuring all vehicles are weighed correctly and Duty of Care checks are completed.
- Provide support operating on-site plant, including Loading Shovel & 360 Grab.
- Maintain site cleanliness throughout the site, including Litter Picking, Grounds Maintenance, Cleaning, Painting and Line Marking.
- Ensure haulage is loaded safely and efficiently, ensuring that tonnage loaded is maximized.
- Ensure that machinery is maintained at all times, carrying out daily checks including lubricating, refuelling and cleaning the machinery.
- Manage all site stores and monitor fuel, oil, anti-freeze and water levels.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery.
- Report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the machinery.
This role will involve working weekends on a rota basis.
To be considered you should have experience in the below:
- Experience operating plant such as a Loading Shovel and 360 Grab.
- Full driving license.
- Valid plant operation tickets.
- Experience working in a site-based role, supporting daily operations.
- Basic knowledge within Health and Safety and First Aid.
This role involves working weekends, please only apply if this is suitable.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call 02392 222 964 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.