£22,000 + Package
We are currently recruiting for a Site Chemist to join one of the industry leaders in hazardous and clinical waste management solutions across the UK. Working as a Site Chemist, you will be responsible for taking samples and analysing hazardous waste samples on-site to ensure safe and compliant waste is processed at all times.
Working as the Site Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the hands-on operation of the hazardous waste site ensuring materials coming onto and off site are consistently safe and compliant to site permits and environmental regulations.
- Assisting with compiling lists of wastes to be transferred off site to third party disposal points. Liaising with other staff to ensure correct routing of wastes
- Assisting with non- conformance procedures and sample processing within the site laboratory for incoming waste streams.
- Utilising appropriate systems to manage non- compliances.
- Assisting with the daily/weekly plan for the operational areas and laboratory, adapt to the unplanned and unexpected to deliver targets, KPI's and other requirements.
- Ensuring house-keeping requirements and continuous improvement programmes are supported both directly and through the plant team.
- Partaking in improvement of process, contributing to micro project development.
- Undertaking area administration activity including Chemist Check sheets, process sheets, stock sheets, production records, etc.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have an appropriate chemistry qualification to degree level as well as experience handling a diverse range of chemical compounds including understanding of inter-reactions.
Candidates would ideally have some experience working in a site based chemist role and have an understanding of the hazardous waste industry.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary of £22,000
- Opportunity to progress career in the Chemical and Waste Management industries.
- Full training and support
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.