£18.60- £21.60 an hour
We are recruiting for multiple Ship Wardens who can provide a safe working environment and ensure the health and safety onsite.
* To develop and maintain a broad knowledge of electro/mechanical systems associated with RN ships to ensure safety of personnel and equipment
* Carry out as directed, electro/ mechanical low-level maintenance and equipment keep alive as required by contract specification.
* To assist with implementing the Health and Safety controls in ship's for which the client has Care and Custody. This is to include but is not limited to:
* Permits to Work for Lock Off and Tag Out, Hot Work, Working at Height and Confined Spaces
- Maintain Tag out database and produce reports as required.
- Inboard connection/disconnection of dockside services required to support ship needs
- Maintain Movement of Weights and Underwater valves and fittings logs whilst ship is docked
* To undertake shift working in accordance with roster prepared by your supervisor
* When on shift exercise control over:
- Safe operation of ship systems and equipment post STW
- Safety and security Marine and Weapon Engineering compartments.
- Whole ship fire safety and security.
- Control of watertight integrity.
- Control compartment keys.
* Will handle more complex tasks and may give some guidance to other staff
* Will have developed knowledge of defined area(s) required which may be technical in nature and apply this to a broad area of responsibility
* Will work on their own initiative, being guided by procedures rather than supervision
* Resolves problems and situations encountered with minimal assistance
* Apply initiative to the identification of solutions and process adjustments to ensure continuous improvement
* Will provide information for monitoring and reporting purposes
* Will be PC literate, with knowledge of relevant word processing, and other relevant systems
If you are interested in finding out more, you can call Adam Nash on 02392 288289 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.