Shift Technician (Operations) - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We're currently recruiting a Shift Technician to join a CCGT Power Station capable of producing around 860MW of power. An expansion on site has gone operational which added a further 300MW capacity to the plant and includes a Siemens F-Class Open Cycle Gas Turbine.
As a Shift Technician you would typically be responsible for the safe & efficient operations of the power station.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as a Shift Operations Technician, you will be responsible for:
- The safe and efficient operation of the CCGT Power Station through monitoring of the DCS, HMI, CEMS (Continuous Emissions Monitoring) and associated systems.
- Respond to plant variances and take necessary actions to maintain a safe operation of the station.
- Conducting plant walk rounds / inspections and checks.
- Carry out first line plant maintenance, inspections and basic level fault finding, reporting all works through the sites CMMS and Shift Supervisor.
- Writing and amending operational processes / procedures as and when required.
- Carrying out steam cycle analysis through sampling and dosing.
- Maintain accurate records and schedules in line with plant operating data
- Working towards 400kV authorisations.
- Any other duties as and when required and as experience dictates (such as maintenance work, FLT driving etc)
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC/HND in an engineering discipline
- Experience in operations and/or maintenance in a heavy process environmental involving steam raising such as CCGT, Energy from Waste, Biomass, Petrochemical, Refinery, Steelworks etc
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Relevant health & safety certificate such as an IOSH or NEBOSH
- Ideally, three years minimum experience on a working Power Station
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package including Pension
- Opportunity to work on a highly efficient CCGT Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.