Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Team Leader to join a new Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Shift Team Leaders will be responsible for supervising the shift teams ensuring the plant is operated as safely and efficiently as possible as well as ensuring the station is compliant with the environmental permit.
This plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Operations Manager, typical duties of the Shift Team Leader will include:
- The day to day management of Shift Operators, Assistant Operators and O&M Assistants who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a high-pressure boiler, generator, steam turbine and auxiliary plant
- Acting as a site Senior Authorised Person (SAP) complying with the company's safe systems of work
- Chairing daily meetings after a shift handover to review HSE issues, overnight activities and plans for the shift ahead
- Maximising waste input and energy production
- Supervising contractors when carrying out activities on site
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe manner in line with the businesses HSE policies
- Working with the maintenance department when required to ensure maximum plant availability
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- At least 6 years of experience in operations / production in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, biomass, coal, CCGT or CHP etc.
- An engineering qualification such as a HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- A strong passion to learn and develop
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning experience is desirable but not essential
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary inclusive of shift allowance
- A contributory pension
- Company sick pay
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.