Shift Team Leader - Power Station
Circa £56,000 + bonus + benefits
South East Scotland
We are recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the operations department of a new state of the art Energy from Waste Plant in South East Scotland. You will provide leadership and directions to the shift team and will be responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of systems and processes ensuring health and safety compliance.
As a Shift Team Leader, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Supervising shift teams to ensure the efficient maintenance and operation of the plant, organising shift cover when needed
- Maximising waste input and energy production
- Carrying out return to work meetings and discussing requirements to meet KPI's
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations
- Carrying out risk assessments and will be working closely with the management team to improve and minimise the impacts at the Energy from Waste Plant
- Routine testing to ensure emergency safety and environmental procedures and recording information as required
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Shift Team Leader vacancy, candidates should have:
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered - PO level and above
- An HNC / HNC / ONC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- NEBOSH/ IOSH or equivalent
- Excellent proven leadership skills
- Good Knowledge of safe systems of work and health & safety within a power station or similar heavy process environment
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive starting salary of circa £56,000
- A performance related bonus
- A company pension
- The opportunity to join a brand new EFW plant and gain commissioning experience
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.