Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary + Bonus
Astute are working exclusively in partnership with MVV Umwelt GmbH who specialise in Energy from Waste, Biogas, Biomass and Wind Energy. Operating across Germany and the UK they have installed over 400MW of electricity production and have multiple projects on the horizon to increase this capacity.
Their latest project is a 3rd line to their existing Energy from Waste Power Station which is due to increase their onsite capacity up to 230,000 tonnes of waste per year. Utilising both fluidised bed combustion and moving grate technology, this is an exciting project to be part of with a contract in place for the next 25 years.
With other projects in the pipeline and existing assets in the South East & South West of the UK this is an excellent opportunity to join the company as they continually grow.
We are looking for a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team to manage the safe & efficient operation of the plant from the central control room working across all three lines. There will be a focus on improving efficiency and performance to meet targets in availability and power production.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager as Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for supervising shift teams to ensure the efficient maintenance and operation of the plant, organising shift cover when needed.
- Directing duties from the central control room, overseeing plant inspections, adjustments, environmental compliance and overall on site Health & Safety.
- Plan all out of hours maintenance as and when required.
- Maximising waste input and energy production.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations.
- Carrying out risk assessments and will be working closely with the management team to improve and minimise the impacts at the Energy from Waste Plant.
- Routine testing to ensure emergency safety and environmental procedures and recording information as required.
- Provide training & mentoring to MVV staff and take an active part in their personal development plans.
- Carrying out return to work meetings and discussing requirements to meet KPI's.
- Stand in for the Operations Manager as and when required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a steam raising power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered.
- An ONC/ HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Ideally hold an IOSH qualification as a minimum.
- Qualified to act as a Senior Authorised Person / SAP for all HV Switching activities.
- Good knowledge of safe systems of work, steam raising plant and Health & Safety within a Power Plant or similar environment.
- Proven leadership skills.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package.
- A performance related bonus.
- Opportunity to work on a new build Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.