Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
We're currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Department of a state of the art Biomass Power Station in East Anglia. This plant can produce up to 44MW of power which is enough to supple 82,000 homes. The client owns and operates 9 Biomass Plants in the UK with an energy from waste plant under construction.
Role & Responsibilities
As Shift Team Leader, reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of the Shift Team who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Acting as a site Senior Authorised Person (SAP) complying with the company safe systems of work
- Chairing daily meetings after a shift handover to review HSE issues, overnight activities and plans for the shift ahead
- Maximising fuel input and energy production
- Supervising contractors when carrying out activities on site
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe manner in line with the businesses HSE policies
- Working with the maintenance department when required to ensure maximum plant availability
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Candidates with experience working in high voltage plant or with SAP status will be preferred
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
- An opportunity to join a modern Biomass Power Station
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 214 and speak to Mollie Allison who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.