Shift Plant Operator - Biomass Power Plant
£32,640 basic salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Shift Plant Operator to join a new 7MW power generation site just south of Nottingham. The Shift Plant Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant via a DCS including boiler plant, generators, flue gas treatment plant and their associated systems. Some basic maintenance work will also be required.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Testing plant equipment including carrying out routine tasks and ensuring safe operation of the power station, via the DCS, including boilers, pumps, turbines and water treatment plant
- Updating and managing the shift log including process changes and plant amendments.
- Assisting during shutdown of the plant with all activities to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring all defects are being reported with CMMS effectively and followed through quickly.
- Making sure all activities carried out are in line with all health and safety regulations
- Reporting and recording and impacts or potential impacts on the environment.
- Plant walk rounds and basic first line maintenance work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Ideally a relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- At least 3 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station or heavy process facility with steam raising plant. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP, nuclear or utilities. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered at ET/LET level
- Excellent understanding of Safe Systems of Work including Permits and Risk Assessments
- Some basic maintenance experience would be beneficial (mechanical or electrical)
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for you:
- Competitive salary of up to £32,640
- Benefits Package
- Bonus potential
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com or dial 02392 288 284 and speak with Kyle Shinn you can tell you more about this opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.