Shift Operator - Biomass Power Plant
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market with a number of new plants as O&M providers, technology providers or build-own-operate projects.
We're currently recruiting for a Shift Operator to join the Operations Department of a state of the art Biomass Power Station in Boston, Lincolnshire. This plant is part of a 3-plant development project across the UK designed to supply ~10MW of energy, using Gasification Technology/Advanced Thermal Treatment with waste wood as it's primary fuel source.
Role & Responsibilities
As Shift Operator, reporting to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
· Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant including pumps, water treatment plant, motors, boiler plant etc
· Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
· Carrying out first line maintenance duties when required in order to keep plan running smooth
· Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
· A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
· Experience in operations and/or maintenance in a heavy process environmental involving steam raising (ideally power generation)
· Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
· Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
· A competitive starting salary with room for progression
· Benefits including pension, holidays and more
· Commissioning experience
· An opportunity to join a newly built Biomass site
If you'd like to find out more or apply, please contact Megan McLeod on 02393 910 033 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.