Shift Operations Technician - CCGT
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for an Shift Operations Technician for a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) Power Station on the South Coast of the UK. Working as part of a Shift Rota this is an excellent opportunity to join a large-scale Power Station producing over 800MW for approximately 1 million homes.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into a Shift Team Leader, working as part of the Operations Team you would be responsible for the 24-hour operation of a large CCGT (Combined Cycle Gas Turbine) Power Station. This would include:
- Starting up, shutting down and operating plant including gas turbines, waste heat recovery boilers, electrical generators and flue gas treatment plant etc.
- Continuously monitoring plant performance and emissions from a control room via a DCS (distributed control system).
- Carrying out visual inspections of plant.
- Creating reports and recording data.
- Ensuring the Power Station is always operating within strict health, safety and environmental guidelines.
Qualifications & Skillset
To be successful in this role you should have:
- An Engineering qualification, ideally at HNC or HND level
- Experience operating power/ process plant in an environment such as Power Generation or HM Forces (Navy, Army, Air force) etc.
- You should also be able to work well under your own initiative with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience operation typical equipment on site which includes large rotating machinery, Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Boilers and associated auxiliary plant equipment.
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the Operations Shift Technician is the following:
- Competitive Salary plus Shift Allowance
- Up to 15% Company Bonus (Performance related)
- Company Pension
Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 284 and speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.