Shift Maintenance Engineer
£31,775 rising to £33,825
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for a Shift Maintenance Engineer with an Electrical bias to work for a growing and respectable client within the Food Manufacturing industry.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Shift Maintenance Engineer to join a team ensuring all machinery, equipment and general site maintenance are within good working order to a high standard of repair. As a Maintenance Engineer you will support production, resolving breakdowns and delivering pre planned maintenance.
As a Shift Maintenance Engineer, your duties will include:
- To maintain all plant, machinery and equipment to ensure complete availability to meet production demands.
- To run and control daily maintenance of all machinery and equipment within set budgets. This will include breakdowns and preventative maintenance, keeping accurate maintenance logs and records.
- Ensuring work is carried out to the highest possible standards, and in a clean and orderly manner across the whole of the site
- Carrying out maintenance in Low Risk, High Care and High-Risk environments, always adhering to Technical procedures and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
- To ensure that all machinery and equipment complies with the Health and Safety regulations and that all maintenance in carried out using Safe Systems of Work.
- Carry out regular and routine site checks including plant rooms, all site structures, car parks and landscape to assess for damage. Carry out routine repairs to the same or if necessary, arrange for the work to be carried out be an approved outside contractor.
To be considered for the Shift Maintenance Engineer role, candidates should have:
- Previous engineering experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be PC literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communicator both verbally and written.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety.
- Flexible, Team player, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan personal workload and ensure that colleagues deliver to agreed timescales.
- Time Management - Meeting deadlines.
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings/manuals.
To be considered for the Shift Maintenance Engineer role, it would be desirable to have:
- Relevant HNC/ONC Qualification or apprenticeship
- Experience of PLC, Refrigeration, Control Voltages, 3 Phase Distribution.
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject.
- Experience working within electrical maintenance engineering
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on email@example.com or 02393 910 043
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.