Shift Maintenance Engineer
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for a Shift Maintenance Engineer for a high-profile client in the food production and manufacturing industry. This is a great opportunity for experienced Engineers to work for an established global provider of food manufacturing excellence.
This role is on a day and night shift basis, working 4 on 4 off. The work requires a confident and capable Engineer with experience and understanding in Electrical and Mechanical engineering, with a bias to either and experience working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Shift Maintenance Engineer, your duties will include:
- Carry out PPM schedule
- Reactive Maintenance
- Operate and maintain the computerised maintenance system
- Ensure all work carried out on the production stream meets the requirements of Quality, Safety, Food Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedures.
- Receive and complete all relevant handover documentation and communication from the previous and to the next shift
- Attend training courses as required
- Demonstrate involvement in continuous improvement for both the production stream and engineering department projects
- Follow electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical assembly drawings to ensure the prompt identification of production equipment faults
- Provide excellent internal customer service
To be considered for the Shift Maintenance Engineer role, it would be desirable to have:
- Time Served Craft Apprenticeship in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- City & Guilds, National Craft Certificate, NVQ Level 3, or relevant mechanical or electrical qualification
- Basic computer competency in MS Office and any CMMS systems
- Understanding of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
As a Shift Maintenance Engineer, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Long service awards
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02393 910 043
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.