Shift Maintenance Engineer
£37,516 rising to £38,750 after probation
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for Shift Engineers with an Electrical bias for a high-profile client in the food production and manufacturing industry. This is a great opportunity for experienced Engineers to work for an established global provider of food manufacturing excellence.
This role is a shift-based position involving both day and night shifts. The work requires a confident and capable Engineer with experience and understanding in Electrical engineering, with a bias to either.
As a Shift Maintenance Engineer, your duties will include:
- Ensure you are aware of the day's objectives, previous day's issues and long-term issues; this information will be given to you by your Chargehand or Manager
- Ensure all engineering downtime is recorded as soon as you have finished the breakdown
- Ensure maintenance work / repair work is undertaken promptly and that parts are booked out / ordered in good time to ensure availability for servicing.
- Ensure all paperwork issued to you is signed off correctly and accounted for at the end of the shift
- Ensure all engineering time available is utilised, i.e. Making up spares, repairing equipment in the workshop etc.
- Ensure all engineering areas are left clean and tidy at the end of shift, any issues to be communicated to your Chargehand / Manager
- Ensure engineering priorities / tasks issued to you have been dealt with, report to be made to Chargehand / Manager on any that cannot as soon as aware. This may enable another route to be taken.
- Ensure any non-resolved / long term issues are communicated to Chargehand / Manager
- Look for areas in which the business can be improved, this could be equipment, process or personnel
To be considered for the Shift Maintenance Engineer role, it would be desirable to have:
- Engineering qualification or 5 years relevant experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Able to work as part of a team
- Numerate and able to understand budgetary constraints
- Flexible and adaptable approach with problem solving
- Able to work on own initiative
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02393 910 043
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.