Shift Lead Engineer - Data Centre
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We're currently recruiting a Facilities Maintenance Shift Lead to join the maintenance department of an established datacentre services business. Our client currently operates 5 datacentres across the South East of England that provide critical data services to many large household brands. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as the Shift Lead you will be responsible for:
- Managing your shift team and ensuring that all reactive and planned maintenance work is a carried out whilst on shift to maximum plant availability.
- Liaising with the maintenance manager to prioritise workload, identify process / plant improvement opportunities and for escalation of issues.
- Provide technical support for incidents, ensuring all documentation is maintained and updated correctly in line with company policies.
- Supervise on-site sub-contractors, approve work packs and RAMS.
- Conduct toolbox talks.
- Manage the on-site permit to work and safe systems of work processes.
- Acting as an Authorised Person for the SSOW for both Low Voltage and High Voltage systems
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 4+ years' experience within building services / facilities management (critical environment would be preferred).
- HND or similar in relevant area (Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services).
- Strong knowledge of electrical, mechanical and cooling systems, ideally in a Data Centre or other Mission Critical environments.
- Experience with fault finding and operating a variety of equipment including transformers, Low Voltage plant, generators, UPS, Electrical Distribution Systems, BMS, HVAC etc)
- Ideally hold an Authorised Person / AP15 status. Or minimum LV Switching experience with progression towards HV SAP status.
- IOSH - Working Safely.
- 17th or 18th Edition Certificate.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days Holiday
If you are interested in this position, please email a CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply or contact Kyle Shinn for more information on 02392 288 284 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.