Shift EC&I Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
£45,000 + Benefits
We are actively recruiting for 2 Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Technicians to join the Maintenance Department of an energy from waste facility in Milton Keynes. This plant comprises of a waste recycling facility, anaerobic digestion plant and gasification EFW plant. The EC&I Technicians will be responsible for carrying out all PPM and reactive maintenance on all electrical assets as well as control systems and instrumentation to ensure plant availability is maximised and downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties will include:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to maximise plant availability including pressure, level, temperature and flow sensors and control systems (DCS, PLCs) and electrical equipment (motors, switchgear, generators etc)
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shutdowns, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
This is a shift role comprising of the following shifts: 6-2, 8-4 and 2-10
What you will need…
- A time served apprenticeship with an HNC in electrical/electronic engineering, measurement & control or similar
- Excellent technical knowledge of PLC, DCS, Instrumentation and some electrical systems
- At least 4 years of maintenance experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. power station, chemical plant, refinery, steel works, pharmaceutical etc
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)
- The highest regard for health, safety and environmental compliance
What's in it for you…
- A salary of circa £45,000, possibly more for an exceptional candidate
- A company pension
- 24 days holiday + 8BH
- Overtime rates
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity, please send a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.