QHSE Assistant - CHP
Astute are working with one of the UK's longest established District Heating companies, based in Nottingham supplying approximately 4,700 homes with Heating and Power with Steam sourced from a nearby Waste Incinerator.
We are recruiting for a SHEQ Technical Assistant to join the team, responsible for assisting the HSE Manager with managing environmental permits, compliance, H&S legislation, audits and staff training.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the HSME Manager, as the Quality Health Safety Environmental Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Liaise with key stakeholders in development of such strategies, also monitoring of accident, incidents and near misses and lessons learnt.
- To support the Healthy Safety & Environmental Manager - ensuring permit requirements are adhered
- Assisting with all aspects to HS&E continuous improvement, and improving tools for reporting on environment performance
- Assist with completing actions that are tracked via the Environmental Management Programme and the EE CAR system
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Environmental degree (or equivalent)
- Background in auditing or reporting would be beneficial
- Health and Safety experience
- 1 year work placement or experience within industrial (during university or after)
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Circa £21,500 DOE
- Progression and Personal Development
If you'd like to find out more or apply, please contact Mollie Allison on 02392 288214 or email a CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.