Compliance Manager - New Biomass CHP Plant
Up to £58,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a SHEQ / Compliance Manager join a new 7MW power generation site just south of Nottingham. You will manage and take responsibility for the Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality, legal and contractual compliance of the facility as well as developing and upkeeping of related systems.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Plant Manager in managing the O&M Contract, QHS&E Procedures and Processes.
- Continuous improvement and maintaining of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management systems and accreditations for the plant.
- Implementing the plant's environmental data reporting systems to comply with internal and external stakeholder expectations.
- Ensuring compliance with the Environmental Permit for the plant procedures and processes, and that operational systems, reporting procedures to the EA and compliance processes are optimised.
- Taking and recording fuel and by-product samples for analysis in accordance with designated procedures, against the reference criterion, e.g. EP, ROCs, MCERTS and CEMS.
- Working with the operational team to ensure understanding of the Environmental Permit requirements and promoting operational excellence.
- Building strong relationships within the business, producing robust business processes with clear accountabilities and compliance reporting tools.
- Building business performance reports to ensure continual improvement and compliance with all agencies and authorities.
- Dealing with local stakeholders and members of the public who lodge enquiries about the environmental performance of the plant and maintaining good channels of communication.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Somebody who comes from an Environmental Quality background within a heavy process engineering environment such as Power Generation, Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical, etc.
- Excellent understanding of QHSE Compliance with experience dealing the Environmental Agency
- An IOSH/NEBOSH Qualification
- Experience with auditing and report writing
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A salary of up to £58,000
- Other company benefits
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your update CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.