£13.40-16.80 per hour
Our Client, one of the leading Water and Wastewater specialists within the UK & Europe, are seeking an experienced Service Chemist to join their established team in based in Ellesmere port for a minimum of 3 months contract. Working as the Service Chemist, you will be responsible for the installation, servicing and maintenance of chemical feed and water treatment equipment across the site. This will involve monitoring the water systems in line with set parameters and conducting calibration and sample analysis when needed.
Working as the Service Chemist, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the service, chemical treatment, monitoring and maintenance of water treatment and chemical feed equipment on-site.
- Providing legionella control to ensure customer compliance with ACOP L8.
- Perform water analysis and/or collects samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis.
- Repair and calibrate equipment such as feed pumps, controllers and instrumentation.
- Provide operational training for chemical products.
- Recommends appropriate site procedural and/or policy changes that will help overall effectiveness.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have:
- Qualification in a suitable Science, Engineering or technical discipline preferred or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of chemical water treatment would be an advantage e.g. cooling tower management, boiler optimisation and a good knowledge of legionella and ACOP 8 regulations.
- Experience of having worked as an Operations/Service Engineer or in a Technical Support role or laboratory experience would be an advantage.
- A Level or equivalent in Chemistry.
- Full UK Driving licence
This role is working on a minimum of a 3-month contract so please only apply if this is suitable.
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.