Senior Vertical Transportation Design Engineer
Astute Technical are recruiting for an experienced Senior Vertical Transportation Design Engineer to join a leading international Engineering and Design Consultancy. Ideally this role will be located in London, however the client is open to candidates to be based in Warrington, Birmingham, Leeds or Epsom.
As Senior Vertical Transportation Design Engineer you will join a national delivery team and work with designers across the UK and internationally through the Global Design Centre. In addition, you will be client facing, and involved in the day to day design and management of projects across the clients focus markets including Aviation, Cities and Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Specification and design of people/goods transportation systems including lifts (passenger & goods), escalators, travellators, hoists installations, etc.
- Carrying out passenger & goods lift flow design calculations on existing, new and temporary installations
- Carry out (& managing of others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools
- Perform task management and project coordination
- Preparing technical specifications
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team with a working understanding / use of Autodesk (& Revit) / Microstation (& AecoSIM)
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Managing elements of project delivery and an understanding of budget costings and resource management
- Report writing, maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Desire to understand and implement new and developing technologies and solutions.
As the ideal candidate you will be degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in electrical engineering or related subjects and a Chartered Engineer with CIBSE, IET or equivalent. You will have at least 5-10 years' experience working on design of VT / L&E systems and have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
You will have good reporting skills, experience working with a consultancy or design environment plus a good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Elevate, NBS and Microsoft packages
If you are interested in discussing further, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lauren on 02392222965 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.