Senior Transport Planner - Major Projects
Rate - £370/Day
Contract - 9 Months
The Senior Transport Planner will Assist in the development and delivery of the capital programme of transport infrastructure schemes funded by Growth Deal and HIF. As Senior Transport Planner you will be responsible for providing experienced technical input to help shape transport infrastructure. The Senior Transport Planner will also be responsible for the scope, evidence and planning elements of transport infrastructure schemes. The right Senior Transport Planner for this position will need to have experience in feasibility studies, option selection and have modelling knowledge.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for the development, commissioning and implementation of transport planning studies (including those conducted by external consultants) taking responsibility for their day-to-day management as required in accordance with Oxfordshire County Council's Project Management guidelines.
- To lead option appraisal and scheme feasibility, initial costing and other assessments to determine priorities and provide an initial assessment of scheme costs/benefits (through management of consultants).
- To liaise with the Local Planning Authorities about the schemes
- Supervise and support junior members of staff within the team
- Represent the Council at meetings, public exhibitions and other events and provide support to senior officers as appropriate.
- To be an expert witness an Examination in Public regarding planning and Compulsory Planning Orders
- Work closely with Stakeholders, local Members and other organisations on scheme development and consultation, including provision of timely information in the appropriate form.
- Previous experience in Feasibility Studies, Option Selection and have Modelling Knowledge.
- Education to degree level or equivalent in planning or related discipline
- Experience of leading complex projects or programme of works
- Experience of commissioning and managing consultants using a variety of procurement routes
- Able to demonstrate the ability to successfully deliver complex and challenging programmes of work through effective partnership working in a political environment
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.