Senior Maintenance Technician - CHP Energy Centre
Competitive Salary & Addons & Benefits
We are currently seeking a multi-skilled Senior Maintenance Technician to coordinate (and assist with) maintenance activities on an Energy Centre. You'll be responsible for overseeing the day to day activities on site including operations, reactive and preventative maintenance.
They have a variety of plant onsite which includes a wastewater treatment plant, gas turbine, steam boilers, HVAC and all associated systems and equipment - which the company is responsible for on site.
Our client is a leading provider of operations & maintenance services to the utility sector in the UK.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as a Senior Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out and supervise plant inspections, audits, and fault diagnosis work across the Energy Centre.
- Supervise maintenance work and assist where necessary to ensure plant availability, reliability and performance targets.
- Assist with developing O&M procedures, operating instructions and other process required on site.
- Plan and coordinate daily activities and look after a team of up to 7 Technicians and 10 sub-contractors.
- Managing the site budget in line with company procedures.
- Assist with planned and unplanned maintenance and fault finding (electrical and mechanical) on air compressors, refrigeration, gas turbine, boilers, steam raising plant, waste & effluent treatment plant etc.
- Following the company's health and safety procedures
- Other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum Level 3 (C&G/NVQ/ONC) qualification in a relevant Engineering field - ideally you will have a HNC or higher
- Experience working in steam raising plant, boilers, compressors, valves, pumps, HVAC equipment
- Familiar with PSSR, LOLER, PUWER and other legislation relevant to this role
- Experience planning maintenance work and activities and proven supervisory experience
- Ideally from a Heavy Engineering / Power background, this could be CHP, Steelworks, Papermill, Refinery, Petrochemical, Energy from Waste, Biomass etc
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive starting salary
- Benefits package including overtime
- Opportunity to join on of the UK's leading Energy/FM/Industrial service providers
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.