Senior Construction Site Manager
Salary - £55,000 - £65,000
Start date - August 2020
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for an experienced Senior Site Manager to join our client who are a privately- owned construction company working throughout the South East of England.
This role requires someone with proven experience of managing sites in a variety of sectors such as housing, healthcare, commercial and education.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Senior Site Manager reporting to the Contracts Manager your main duties will consist of (but not be limited to): -
- Day to day supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, subcontractors, plant and materials
- Build and maintain good relations with staff, clients and subcontractors
- Work to Construction Programmes ensuring production targets are achieved, whilst maintaining safety and quality whilst effectively finding solutions to any issues that may cause delays
- Coordinate and lead site meetings with relevant team members, departments and clients
- Maintain strict quality control procedures and conduct regular site safety checks
- Ensure all materials and machinery, including those of subcontractors are compliant with technical and quality specifications
- Ensure projects run within budget
- Comply with health & safety and ensure all relevant documentation is signed off as required
- Risk Management (identifying, eliminating, minimising)
- Information management / meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork
- Understanding of contractual requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Construction related HNC or equivalent experience
- Strong construction background ideally within housing, education, healthcare and commercial with a proven track record of delivering high quality projects
- Capable of running projects valued between £3m-£12m
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team leader
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead
- CSCS, SMSTS & First Aid at Work
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Driving licence with own car
If you are interested in this challenging role, then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or on 02392 222 966 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.